I have tried Ipsy before and really was not that impressed, so I was reluctant, but when I saw that Birchbox was offering a free box with your first box I decided to give it a try. I have wanted to make this post for a while now, but I am happy to see that Birchbox is still offering a deal where you can get a free box of 5 samples with your first Birchbox with the code EXTRABOX.
1. Daily concepts mini scrubber: I am surprised by how excited I am about this. It is a cute little exfoliating scrubber with a mitt for your hand to go in and says “You’re Beautiful.” When the letters fade, it is time to replace it.
2. Coola mineral bb cream with SPF 30: I really enjoy this and will definitely be wearing it throughout the summer. I am also so impressed by the matte finish. I will definitely purchase a full size when this goes on sale.
3. Balanceme Wonder Eye cream: After 1 use, this did help a bit with my undereye puffiness and is very moisturizing. I didn’t notice a huge difference with my dark circles so far, but I am definitely excited to keep using.
4. Beauty protector Protect & Detangle: This is going to be amazing for when my hair gets out of control. It has a nice sweet and mild floral scent, which is not overpowering. This spray also has so many different uses, I can see myself using it all the time.
5. MAC in extreme dimension 3D black lash: I really have mixed thoughts on this mascara. The brush has really long bristles, which do an amazing job at separating the lashes, but it really takes a lot of coats to get a lengthening effects and I did not find it very volumizing. Ultimately, a full size of this product costs $23, so I definitely will not be purchasing a full size.
1. N4 Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner: Honestly, out of everything I received, this is what I was most disappointed about. I have so much shampoo and conditioner I really don’t need any more to try. Not only that, but it has a strong spicy smell. I can’t really see myself spending $34 on this in the future.
2. IPKN Color Correcting primer: I have never tried a color correcting primer before. I don’t have very much redness on my face, but it did hardly anything for the spots that I do have. I also thought this was greasy in texture. This primer sells for $28, so I will not be purchasing this.
3. Birchbox Eyelash Curler: I am really excited about this! I don’t have an eyelash curler and this one has nice grips on it. I don’t really think I need an eyelash curler because mascara usually gives me enough curl, but this will still be nice to have.
4. Lord & Berry Brunette magic brow: This was just hilarious on my eyebrows. I have very dark brown hair and almost black eyebrows, so this looked red on them. I also wish the pencil had more of a point to it. Maybe I’ll be able to use this as an eyeliner though.
5. Hydra-C Eye Contour Gel Cream: These eye creams are going to last forever! I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but this gets really good reviews and I am hoping it will be effective for my dark circles. Honestly, these are almost the same size as the full size eye creams I have and its going to take me forever to use all my eye creams.
This post ended up being so long, but I had so much fun and hope you enjoyed it as well! Let me know if you want to see what I get in future boxes! Also, if you’re subscribed to Birchbox, let me know if there is something you recently received that you’re really loving. Thanks for reading.