Hi everyone! So, first of all I am continuing to work on a project pan and have been able to finish up a couple of items. This project has been great for finding new favorites that I already own as well as opening my eyes to how long certain products last. In my previous post, I also discussed items that I wanted to finish before Christmas, but while writing this post, I decided to include those in a Winter empties post so that this one is not too long.
I was able to finish:
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick: This is my least favorite foundation. It sticks to dry spots I didn’t even know I had and looks cakey. However, it is super quick and easy to blend in. I probably could have dug into it a little bit for a few more uses, but I really feel it isn’t worth it. Overall I am just happy to get this out of my stash.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: I did not like this mascara at first, but after I had it for a while I did start to like it a little more and found that it added a lot of volume and length. However, I prefer mascara to be more lengthening and separating, so I probably won’t buy this mascara again.
I am continuing to work on:
- Clinique Powder. I think I am so close to hitting pan on this. It is not my favorite powder and is pretty old, so I am going to keep trying to use this regularly, but have decided I will likely declutter once I hit pan just because I think it probably time to get rid of it.
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Spray: I like the scent of this spray, it does take down the powdery finish, however the sprayer is terrible and this seems to impact the effect. Sometimes I have to use my makeup sponge after spraying in order to distribute the spray more. Next time I am looking for a setting spray, I will look for a sprayer that distributes more evenly.
- Estee Lauder Day Wear BB. I do really like this and definitely think I can finish it in the next month. It adds a nice amount of tint and evens out skin tone while being moisturizing. I may consider buying this one again in the future.
- Clinique eyeshadow: I was questioning whether to keep this because the shadows weren’t as pigmented as I wanted them to be. However, what is so great about a project pan is that it gets me thinking about ways I can use the products that work for me and I have found that applying this with my finger makes the shadows feel a lot more creamy and pigmented. I think I can hit pan on the light purple color (Rock violet), but I will think about whether to keep them once I hit pan on it just due to how long I have had this.
- IPKN green Primer. I received this little sample in a Birchbox. After using this a few times, I like it a bit more than I initially thought and really like that it has SPF in it, but its still not something I would purchase because I really haven’t found a noticeable difference in redness when I use this.
- NYX liquid Illuminator. I received this in an Ipsy bag and think I used this maybe once or twice in the past few months and I am not really liking the consistency of it. I am actually considering decluttering it, so I am going to use it a few times in the next week and decide whether to get rid of it.
- Maybelline Fit me concealer: This is not my favorite concealer because I think it looks a bit cakey around blemishes. I have been applying this to my eyes as an eyeshadow primer as well and can definitely see that I have made progress on this, so I want to continue using it and finish it up.
- Essence Satin Touch Blush: I love this blush, but it is broken 😦 I really would like to finish it. There is a dent, but I know its going to take forever! I am hoping that some day I will get a magnetic palette and I can depot it and put it into the palette because I definitely want to keep this one.
- Catrice highlighting powder: I initially thought that this highlight didn’t do anything, but it has really grown on me. I think you have to get through the top layer in order to get more payoff. It is the perfect subtle highlight for day to day and I have started to see some progress on it.
- Elf luscious liquid lipstick: This one is so close to being done! I actually really love the gold shift it has and is really nice on its own or over a lipstick. I won’t repurchase this right away because I am trying not to buy makeup, but will definitely consider it in the future.
- Physicians Formula bronzer: I am regretting this because this came in a pack of two, I think it was from Ross. It looks beautiful, but it is nowhere near my favorite bronzer. It is too sparkly and orange. I have been using it more as a blush than a bronzer, which I feel works pretty well. However, despite using this fairly regularly, I haven’t seen any progress on it.
So, now I would like to briefly discuss my future plans for this project pan. After reading and watching many videos on how others do project pans, I will be starting to mark my progress on the items I am able to. I have finished 2 items, but had 13 items in this project pan to begin with. But, I have decided I would like to keep this to a “Rolling Project 10 Pan,” so I will keep the 11 items I have in there for now because there are some I am sure I will finish or declutter soon, and then on my next update in a couple of months I will discuss what I have done with these products and what I am adding to the project. I feel that decreasing the number of items in the project pan will give me more freedom in using the other makeup I have. I would love to hear in the comments whether you have tried any of these products and any recommendations you have for a project pan!
Thanks so much for reading!